Sunday, June 21, 2015

 

Sunday Reflection: Creating


Yesterday, I was talking to my mom, and we were laughing. My family is like that; the default seems to be happiness and appreciation for what is, and much of that is my Mom's inner light. It is my dad's gift, though, to create things. 

As I have spent the last weeks on writing this book, I am starting to feel and understand something that he has often said: That as he paints, he gets to know the characters on the canvas. He is meeting them, really. Of course, they are real people, already in existence, but he means that he is getting to know this one moment of them, the one with light and color and life.

The same thing is happening as I write. I have never felt that before, but because he taught me to look for it, I knew what was happening, and grew into it. 

I am lucky. And I am thankful.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#