Wednesday, June 24, 2015

 

Bring on college football!

As a sports fan, this is the least fun time of the year. Baseball bores me to death unless I am at the park watching the game, and that is the only league going (other than the WNBA, which I have never seen).

So, I spend some of my summer daydreaming of fall. Here is what I am looking forward to:

1) A renaissance for Michigan football?

With new coach Jim Harbaugh, it appears that everything will be different. They are recruiting well, but that impact won't be felt for a few years. In the meantime… a little bit better this year?

2) Baylor and TCU, round two

In the Big 12, TCU is the favorite with Baylor close behind. Man, it is hard to be Texas these days! They must hate seeing that….

3)  Minnesota getting better

The upward trajectory under coach Jerry Kill might continue-- and if it does, Minnesota could be on track to surprise some people.



Comments:
This time of year is my sports desert. The Tour de France is a bit of an oasis for me, but right now I'm taking the opportunity to attend to the other things in my life that I neglect during football/basketball season. Come to think of it, my wife probably appreciates this time of year more than I realized.
 
Women's Soccer World Cup is worth watching - Really! France vs. Germany will be a great game. U.S. plays China on Friday.
And there's always Monday Night Taco Bueno on ESPN Ocho

 
Who doesn't love The Ocho?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#