Friday, April 03, 2015

 

Haiku Friday: Whatcha planting?

Easter weekend is the heart of Spring-- it embodies renewal and hope and startling, glorious surprises.

It always makes me want to plant things that will then spring forth from the earth, full of color and light and complexity.  I will, too.  I go to the garden center and buy a flat of flowers for my window boxes, then set them in just right with a trowel.  I end up a total mess, of course, but it's not about me, right?

So let's haiku about that this week-- what it is you have planted (if you live in the South) or think you will be planting (if you live in the North).

Here, I will go first:

I like reds and whites
Bunched together in rows
Flag full of beauty.

Now it is your turn!  Just use the 5/7/5 syllable formula and have some fun!

Comments:
Three haiku to ponder...

Dirt beneath my nails
I raise my hands to my nose
Inhale, awaken


The carrots poke green
as orange roots reach deep, deeper
In the sleeping soil


The soil warms, I sow
cosmos, zinnias, pink, blue
seeds pluck my heart strings
 
Houses are torn down.
Plants rescued from friend's gardens.
I plant memories.

 
Pansies are for thoughts
Wax beans, tomatoes, basil
And various herbs
 
I planted pumpkins
Vines grew, sweet round fruit appeared
Then came the chipmunksā€¦.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#