Friday, April 24, 2015

 

Haiku Friday: Odes to Ice Cream


When I was a kid, I loved Baskin-Robbins version of chocolate chip mint. As an adult, it tastes to me like green sludge with bits of rock in it, but for some reason when I was little it was the best thing ever. Did I change, or did the ice cream?

Now I live in a place with local options. There is the Edina Creamery, and the Neighborhood Ice Cream Shoppe (it's real name), and my favorite, Sebastian Joe's (pictured here).  At Sebastian Joe's, they will make up flavors with horrifying names but great taste combination-- my favorite is "Nicolette Pothole." 

Let's haiku about ice cream-- the places and flavors that you love (or hate) from the past or present. Here, I will go first:

I sat in a hard
plastic chair, mint chip cone,
baseball uniform.

Now it is your turn… use the 5/7/5 syllable recipe and have some fun!


Comments:
Sitting on the top
of a hand-cranked cream machine
while uncles work the crank

Till the frozen cream
concoction declared ready!
Eat slowly too cold

Too good to rush or
freeze your throat but my
what a summer joy

for an eight year old
at reunion sixty years past
what great memories!
 
Mint Chocolate Chip
I dare say, Baskin Robbins
changed the recipe
 
Fat Henry's Ice Cream
They have flavors great and bad
I love them all, though.
 
Smell, taste, memory
Lemony custard ice cream
Plymouth, Michigan
 
Grandpa's only "vice"
Two big scoops of vanilla
Hershey's from the can
 
Where is my Blue Bell?
Cookie Dough? Cookies ‘n Cream?
Cursed listeria!

 
Listeria- yuck!
Blue Bell is my favorite
Texas, get it right!
 
Life a rocky road,
Vanilla, caramel, cold,
Dreams of chocolate.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#