Sunday, March 22, 2015

 

Sunday Reflection: Every Day I Write the Book



I am finishing work now on my second book, which is about doing the Trial of Jesus all over the place.  The manuscript is due on July 1, and I am at that point where it is running in the background of my mind often, even as I do other things. 

When I get stuck during the writing process, there is this visual image I keep coming back to, a single moment. I am sitting at a picnic table outside of a Sonic restaurant in Manchaca, Texas. It is a hot April day, but I am wearing a suit. Across from me is Kent McKeever, who played the role of Jesus in that iteration of the trial.  He is wearing an orange prison jumpsuit. People walk by uncomfortably, glancing sideways at him as we eat our tater tots.

That is how my book will end.

Comments:
I cannot wait, Mark. It's going to be so, so good!
 
Someone once said that you write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospect. I've always admired your hunger. And I hope everyday will be a day you write the book.
 
O Marta,Marta. No one could have said it better. That Hunger that is so strongly coursing through each sinew and corpuscle. If we are lucky,it rubs off on us.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#