Saturday, February 21, 2015

 

So, it's my birthday!


Last night I went to see the town's annual Pops concert by the Edina high school band.  The theme this year was "The Wizard of Oz," a movie that I have found (even as an adult) to be extremely creepy.  Angry flying monkeys?  Witch sisters, one of whom is completely green?  Kansas being presented as a rural utopia?  A talking scarecrow?  "Munchkins" celebrating someone being crushed to death by a flying house?  I mean, c'mon… isn't this some kind of horror film?

Anyways, the highlight for me was the sculpture above, which was ten feet high and placed next to the stage.  It is a mask of the Wizard (though there are some shades of Roswell-style alien there, too).  I think it oddly compelling.  Do you think they would sell it to me after the show?


Comments:
Happy Birthday!!
 
Did you tell them it was your birthday? You might not have to pay!
 
Hope you had a Happy Birthday Prof! And I say you should definitely look into acquiring that mask. It may even come in handy at Thanksgiving...as alternative fuel for the trashcan turkey preparation.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#