Friday, January 02, 2015

 

Haiku Friday: New Year's Day


What a day!  I got to watch the Cotton Bowl with a vociferous Michigan State fan (Sleepy Walleye) and a die-hard Baylor fan (the Spanish Medievalist, who just about did die).  It was a great game!  I was pulling for Baylor, but it was hard not to like both teams.

Let's haiku not just about football, but whatever it is you did yesterday.  Here, I will go first:

Watched on seat-edge
Number 80 rumbles in!
Then… Walleye dances.

Now it is your turn!  Use the 5/7/5 syllable per line count, and have some fun!


Comments:
Black eyed peas and greens
Football and a "rainy mix"
New Year's in Texas!
PTC
 
Racing down the hill
On skis, colliding with mom
Yay, Colorado!
 
I skipped the games and
Hit the gym like Superman
Pragmatic I guess.
 
Thought I was subdued
I'm sorry Medievalist
Woo Hoo Hoo Hoo Hooo!!!!
 
No problem Sleepy,
I am getting over it,
The pizza was good!
 
Just on New Years day
can we watch daytime tv
without feeling guilty
 
Dinner with good friends.
Joe's champagne vinegar and
mustard cabbage. Ahhhhhhhhh
 
Vick's VapoRub my
Chanel, Lungs crumbling,I
Resolve: live longer
 
A dogs spends New Year:
A cup of kibble,bowl of
Water. Walk.Simple bliss.
 
He brought pasta to
My bed: lobster,cream,mushrooms--
Licked my chin. Year's intent.
 
Osler--,Geoff sucks!!

I made h'ors de oeuvres,I
Poured wine,Geoff glued to t.v.
FOOTBALL. Do the set,Geoff!!!
 
Suggested to Sal:
Serve nachos on your bare chest!
Still recov'ring from burns.
 
Greens, some Hoppin' John,
Bourbon, Molasses Pork Loin
Wealth, Health, Happiness
 
Sun in eyes,I rise
Coffee Cup Agenda.Rose
Floats.Dozy litany.
 
Will this be the year
I escape electronic
In the now see you?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#