Tuesday, September 09, 2014

 

An intriguing new vehicle...

I'm really intrigued by the new Honda HR-V,  which is coming out this winter.  It's an SUV that is smaller than the mainstay Honda CR-V... closer to the size of the BMW X-1.  

In profile, it looks a lot like what I drive now, an Acura RDX (which isn't surprising-- that is a variant of the Honda CR-V).  But it has a few features I really love.  One, it is based on the cool little Honda Fit, and features the "Magic Seats" from the Fit, which fold flat into the floor.  In an SUV, that will be a great advantage when you need to carry a lot of stuff.  Two, it is going to be available as a hybrid, and THAT sounds great!  For what it is worth, Lexus is also about to come out with a (much more expensive) compact hybrid SUV, the NX.



Comments:
The fin makes it look like it can swim.
 
production of the lead for batteries in the elec. or hybrids gives off more pollution and a bigger carbon footprint than a regular gas engine does while running.

Google battery production and read up. Very nasty stuff.

Personally, I love my 2015 Ford Explorer Sport - I think it may be smarter than I am! the adjustable suspension makes it useful in most conditions.

Lee
 
Lee, I don't think those things run on lead batteries! Here is what Dr. Google told me: http://shrinkthatfootprint.com/electric-cars-green

 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#