Friday, August 08, 2014

 

Haiku Friday: Summer Love


When I was a kid, the start of the "Back-to-School" sales always sent my brother into a little tailspin-- it was like retailers were taunting us about the end of summer.  I wasn't quite as affected… by the end of the summer I was usually ready to go back to school… luckily, I am still that way.

And what about summer romances?  Everyone has had one, even if way back in time, or even if it just felt like summer,   Let's haiku about that this week.  

I'll go first:

A hot day simmers
We rode bikes, side by side
She made me wobble.

Now it is your turn!  Just make it 5 syllables, 7, and 5, and have some fun! 


Comments:
A summer picnic
Welcome to grad school they said
Eyes only for him
 
Snack bar beauty, Ah!
Yes, I will have fries with that!
Love the way you grill...
 
When summer ended
I agreed to marry him
Some things shouldn't last.
 
DQ Manager
You won my heart (that July)
Slow kisses, free cones.
 
My big fantasy:
Hold hands while riding our bikes.
He said "Sure." Such fun.
 
Adelina Bean
Quiet star dreams of the ocean
Guzzling mommy's milk
 
Late entry:

That smell of sunscreen
My heart jumps, as you gaze down
Guarding all our lives
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#