Saturday, August 02, 2014

 

Football? Please?

This is the darkest time of the sports year for me.  The only thing going is pro baseball, which I have trouble getting too excited about.  It's like Advent-- a period of quiet reflection-- but only because there isn't much to talk about, sports-wise.

But football will be here soon, luckily.  The pro teams are practicing now, and the college teams are starting to get their act together (which, at the University of Texas, means counting the players who haven't left the program and hoping there are 11 left over).

I'm ready.  Saturdays will soon have a new and better meaning.

Comments:
You sound just like my husband. He's counting the days till Baylor's opening game at McLane Stadium. And he cheerfully informed me that the day before, he'll be watching college football all day on TV.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#