Friday, July 18, 2014

 

Haiku Friday: Old friends

Guess who is visiting Minneapolis this weekend?  That's right-- it is America's favorite competitive eater/federal prosecutor, Gordon Davenport!

As a result, I'm making a LOT of hamburgers.  A lot.  After all, I have seen Gordon do some serious eating.

It will be great to see him again, of course.  That's the way it is with old friends.  Let's haiku about that this week…

Here, I will go first:

He is in my tests
As "Glorbon Dandyport," Esq.
Hunting down crime guys!

Now it is your turn-- just think about an old friend, of whatever type, and convert those thoughts into 5 syllables for a first line, 7 for the second, and five for the third...

Comments:
Remember that time?
Heh. Yeah. Won't forget that one.
We were so stupid.
 
JR-- Oh yeah.that.
I still have that thing from it
Hidden away good.
 
Jumping off a wall,
Another cup of coffee,
Shadows of things past.
 
Shh, Anonymous!
What happened there stays there, right?
Don't give it away.

 
Connected best friends
Can read the other one's mind
Just through eye contact
 
Looooong time, no see. Then,
reunited, we pick up
right where we left off.

True friends are like that.
Distance doesn’t wither the
friendship connection.

She knows me; I, her,
inside and out. Now thirty
years, my dearest friend.
 
His leaving almost
Killed me. Not from loneliness
But loving him more.
 
First friend and first love,
We did did so much together.
Then you went and died.
 
That first college friend.
So different, but we bonded.
Forever, it seems.
 
No sisters for me.
Had to find them. I look and
Voila! What I need.
 
We met years ago
See each other rarely
Me Yin to her Yang
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#