Sunday, June 08, 2014

 

Sunday Reflection: What Craig Said

Razorite Craig A. is one of my favorite people.  In the last few years, I have gotten to see a whole new part of him emerge as he has started writing regularly for his local paper, the Richmond Times-Dispatch.  His columns are consistently challenging, moral complex, and genuine.  

I guess that it should not have surprised me that he has this talent.  He has always (well, since college, when I met him) been an inspiration and mentor to me, and it is exactly those things that are at the heart of his writing that I have always seen in his words to me and the way he conducts his life.

As I get older, I see the people around me trying new things, becoming deeper and better.  It's a wonderful thing, and very often I see it inspired by the spirit we celebrate today, on Pentecost.



Comments:
Clearly a very slow news day for the Razor press corp.

Mark, I appreciate your sentiments. Yet I am the one that is appreciative. I am in a silent profession; one that does it’s work behind closed doors. Yours is much more public. And I have learned much from you (and Jeanne) about the importance of pubic advocacy, and from your willingness to publicly weave you faith into the conversation. That has taken me to edges and into territory I was not previously comfortable with … and I still feel I am walking a tightrope in my writing. Yet, I have gained much from it, and I have you (and Jeanne) to thank for it.

Happy Holy Comforter day!

 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#