Monday, June 02, 2014

 

Haikus, sermons, and floods

Yesterday's sermons at St. Stephens went pretty well, I think.  The setting was an apocalyptic flooding of Minnehaha Creek behind the church, bringing an ominous pre-service warning that "water has entered the electrical room."  In a way, it was a pretty good setting for what I had to say, and I was able to float home on a tube afterwards.

Meanwhile, there were some excellent haikus last week, on the subject of extraordinary people.   My favorite was by longtime favorite Geoffrey the Mustang Boy (whose affections were not returned):

O Sally you are up
My proverbial alley.
Mystery thy name

Is Salgal. Never
Do I know will you pounce
Or purr.Nice kitty.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#