Friday, June 20, 2014

 

Haiku Friday: The World Cup!


I've got World Cup fever!  Unfortunately, I also have Federal Commutation of Sentences Fever, so I haven't been able to watch much of it (I was in meeting in DC the last few days).  Still, it has been an entertaining and unusual tournament.

Let's haiku about that-- even if, like me, you are pretty naive about the sport.  Here, I will go first:

Wait, what…the game's over?
At 95:27?
What a sport this is!

Now it is your turn… have some fun with it!


Comments:
1982
Giglio; Italia
Crazy in the Shores
 
Temper tantrum flops
could give a three-year-old a
run for his money!
 
Someone could score right
Now. But they probably won't.
Then again, they might!
 
It is soccer, not
football. It will never be
called football. 'Nuf said.
 
Costa Rica, wow!
Sad day for Italy, though.
Azurri look limp.
 
Huge goal and small ball
highly paid skilled players
seldom kick it in
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#