Friday, June 06, 2014

 

Haiku Friday: Unsung heroes & surprising stories

Maybe I went a little overboard yesterday about C. Everett Koop... or maybe I didn't go overboard enough!  It started me thinking about unsung heroes and surprising figures... and I think that should be our haiku topic for the day.  You have wide latitude here-- it doesn't have to be a public figure, or even someone you know much about-- just someone who has surprised you in a good way. 

I'll go first:

C. Everett Koop
Bow tie, amish beard, but a
Doctor most of all.

Now you go!  I have high hopes for this one...

Comments:
A deep well of love
Mothers believe in their kids
Time and time again
 
He was a partner
Exacting taskmaster he
But taught me good things
 
Stern supervisor
Saw everything, said little
'Til it mattered.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#