Friday, June 27, 2014

 

Haiku Friday: Bugs and pests


We all have a pest that bugs us:  Spiders, fire ants, mosquitos, black flies, etc.  I even know one person who absolutely hates bunnies (because they eat flowers).  Let's haiku about our littlest nemeses today.  Here, I will go first:

Minnesota's plague:
Little biting monsters, die!
Mosquito!  I swat.

Now it is your turn.  Just make the first line about 14 syllables, the second line 2 syllables, and then the last line 9 syllables.  Wait, that's wrong.  Make if 5/7/5 instead...


Comments:
yawn, awake, scratch, scratch
legs, torso covered in bites
a mystery bug
 
Coreopsis dance
Black-eyed Susans slowly grow
I watch with delight.

Razor-sharp bunny teeth
Destroyed my dream while I slept
Now I seek revenge.

Fox urine, dried blood.
Spray, pellets. I got it all!
Beware little bunnies!
 
Ain't nothing worse than
Squishing a skeeter, seeing
Someone else's blood.

 
The cricket plague stinks.
Literally. Thousands of
dead ones bring a stench.

Dead is better though
than flying in attack mode
through my living room.

They reign at gas pumps
too. I do a crazy dance
to get them off me.

At last the birds come,
migrating to my rescue.
They feast on my plague.

Three cheers for the birds!
…til they take over and I
become their target.

Proposal day, I
get congratulated by
warm goo on my face.
 
I go to the beach
Lay out my towel--ah, sun!
Then, ouch! Black flies bite.
 
Spiders freak him out
Makes me laugh 'cause I don't mind
All those legs silent
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#