Monday, May 05, 2014

 

There it is!

Most of my adult life, I have been reading the New York Times.  I even got it delivered all those years in Waco, where I was surprised that such a thing was possible (but, you might be surprised at the number of things that are possible in Waco).  It has always been my standard for great short-form writing, and often it is thrilling (if you are the kind of person who sometimes finds such things thrilling).

Until now, though, I had never written for them.  That changed today-- here is my first piece for the Times!

Comments:
Good op-ed piece. Some of the comments are interesting in support of decriminalization of use and low level distribution. Refocusing the money spent on the drug war, including the high costs of prosecution and incarceration, to treatment, and legalizing and taxing the product, might actually help deal with issues like ongoing poverty here in Cen Tex.
 
Way to go!!!
 
Congratulations! A truly great distinction in American political culture.
 
Way to go Mark!!! Nice piece.
 
Congrats! Let me know when you get a column in a paper with a decent comics section.
 
IPLG, aren't you in China already?
 
Very well put together message, Prof! …just the right mix of lawyer talk and to the point analogies in layman terms. After reading the comments I realize how crucial clarifying a point with the right example is (if you aim for a higher impact). It is amazing though how many people think they read something and they even go ahead to make comments from which one only ends up learning the length of their attention span. In any case, great piece! hope to see your name in the paper again and again. Perhaps the next article should be in short, comics type format…that should be all encompassing.
 
I even got Cosby to read your article... and in the paper with NO COMIC section.
 
I leave on Thursday morning, land in Hong Kong around 630 PM local time, which is 630 AM that morning in DC. And I should have full internet connectivity, so as to be able to respond to any of your comments about my foibles, fictional or otherwise.

 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#