Wednesday, April 23, 2014

 

Hair issues


I guess I'm lucky-- I still have all my hair, and it is pretty much the same as it was when I was a kid.  The problem is that when I was a kid, it was a mess.

Maybe it's time for a new look-- short hair?  Really short?  Dare I risk it?

The last time I took a real risk with my hair was in 2004.  It was the night before I was to go to Washington to testify in front of the Sentencing Commission, and I was over at the neighbor's for dinner.  As sometimes happens on a warm spring night in Texas, that dinner bled into a long evening of margaritas and intellectual badinage.  About 11 pm, a consensus arose that i needed a haircut.  Two people (Carol Pomilio and Jeff Manske) both started cutting my hair at the same time.  In the dark.  After… well some of those margaritas.  

I went to DC and met up with IPLawGuy.  Without knowing the story he said, "Hey!  Your hair looks better than usual!"


Comments:
Pictures? Surely, there are pictures.
 
Cut it - as you said, you aren't losing it, so you are assured it will grow back.

 
Hey, when my beautiful hair started to depart, and it was beginning to look like a comb-over, I took it all off down to a stubble. If the Boss determined that I would be bald, I would go along with the program. It is a lot cheaper and easier to maintain. No shampoo (regular soap works well on 1/8-1/4 inch hair), no rinses, barbering in my bathroom takes ten minutes or less with a tool that costs $20 and lasts years. Simplicity.

Be thankful you have hair, but don't overdo it!!!! The money the average family spends on hair would feed a couple of kids somewhere in the world.
 
If you asked those couple of hungry kids if Mark should get a good haircut or they should get a meal, they might, in good conscience, vote for the haircut.
 
Fond memories. Wish I was there to help craft a new, cutting edge look and share a beverage with you. Have scissors and will travel.
 
I have enjoyed the nuclear option for many years now. Channel your inner Michael Chiklis!
 
Knowing you when you were in college, with longer messy hair, I want to suggest another possibility. I suggest letting it grow-out and then go for the ponytail look … and then you could sprinkle on some talc power for the barrister look
 
I think short hair is just fine. Perhaps even no hair at all?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#