Friday, April 25, 2014

 

Haiku Friday: Rainy day


I glanced at a weather map recently and it showed rain clouds over most of the country.  Not storms, really; just rain.  There is something calm and good about a rainy day.  I get lots of work done then.

Yesterday was a rainy day, and my last day of class.  I have had a particularly good group of students this Spring, who have been eager and smart and patient with me.  I'm going to miss them.  When I finished my class yesterday morning, I walked up to my office and watched rain roll down the window and thought about the year so far. 

Let's haiku about the rain-- what you do on a rainy day, for example.  I will go first:

Harshness of winter
Cedes to a gentler fate
Grace falls down, at last.

Now it is your turn. 

Comments:
Rain? A day for soup
Snuggling under the covers
Time to read good books
 
What's wrong some rain?
Umbrella, shmumbrella, pfft!
I'm not gonna melt.
 
Stupid water-clowns
Messing up my ball game day
Nationals' best friend.
 
Rain, rain--where are you?
Only one inch in four months.
The peaches need you.
 
Dark morning alone
Thunder and love together
Stormy skies, our love.
MMM
 
Dog huddles cloudy
On sofa.Rain duets with
Wind growling,grumbling.
 
Tell the rain I'm tired.
Tell it my back aches and my knees
Pull me to the ground.

It still will not stop.
Its drops carve the windows,but
Malaise paints mindscapes.
 
Thumrumbulation
Grousefeathertration
Wetwetulation.
 
My fifth grade face out
Bus window I leaned to meet
Resurrection.Spring Rain.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#