Friday, April 18, 2014

 

Haiku Friday: Friends

It's Friday again!  And that means that it is time for some high-quality haiku.

I took this picture in New York earlier this week-- there was something really sweet about this clump of girls shopping together.  They might have been tourists or NYU students; I did not stop to ask (which would have been creepy anyways).

Let's haiku about friends today, friends of any sort.  Some of our friends are old, some are new, some are like us and others unlike.

Here is mine:

So, IPLawGuy;
I know all of his foibles
And make some up, too.

Now, you take a shot at it.  We are taking a broad view of friendship here, so you can think creatively.  Use 5 syllables in the first line, 7 in the second, and 5 in the third, and have some fun with it!

Comments:
Met in Sunday School.
She proposed four weeks later.
Wed 35 years.

Through good times and bad,
Love and loyalty succeed,
Best it's ever been.

Hope our kids and grands
Do somewhere near as well to
Live a life of love.

Put God first in life,
Spouse and children just after,
Give them all your love.

 
Maureen and Sherry
We met at a Komen Race
We were volunteers

Fifteen years later
Many miles separate us
My bosom buddies
 
Of all the kinds of
Love Philos brings a special
Bond of happiness
 
Listening and laughs
Important ingredients
To lasting friendship
 
My Clutch. Eight women
Who are always there for me.
So good, we named it.

 
Friends are far away,
Getting on big jet airplane,
I'll see you all soon.
 
It’s a group of chicks
Dependable in tight spots
My sisters, my clutch.

 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#