Friday, March 07, 2014

 

Haiku Friday: Favorite Shirt


Not all clothes are created equal.  Some things become our beloved favorites, worn and worn until they die of natural causes.  It might be a great pair of shoes, a comfy sweatshirt,  or just the right hat.

Let's haiku about that today-- the clothes that we love the most.  It doesn't have to be a shirt, and it doesn't even have to be yours... you can even haiku about someone else's inexplicable tastes.  

Here is mine:

Jeans made of Cool-Max
Now, they're mostly made of holes
Oh, I loved them!

Now it is your turn!  Use the 5/7/5  syllable count, more or less, and revel in the memories... 


Comments:
Just a plain gray shirt
From Target. Got a gift card
So I bought two more.
 
Dr Pepper red:
my brother's faded t-shirt,
cotton soft with age.

Along with others,
I took it from his closet
to be reminded

Of his warm bear hugs.
It smelled like him for a while ...
I wish it still did.

 
Long sleeve, light blue, it
Kept me warm in winter, it
Just faded away.
 
Velveteen Rabbit (loved)
Knees and boxers peering through
Not yet Goodwill jeans

 
His alma mater
Not mine, splayed across my chest
Warms from inside out.

Worn in secret, I
Wonder what stories it tells
From so long ago.

MMM
 
The freedom offered...
Mammoth white-- our wee bodies
Swam in its folds. Smelled

Of no worries,safe...
Wide,windy arms flew us to
Dreams.It smelled of love

That would stint the self
So we could rule as wise queens
Someday. Daddy's teeshirt.
 
It was very peach,
Which swept along terra in
Firma,more clouds,fancies

Caught in capacious
Hem.Deeper rose embroidered--
Capture unsuspecting

Of devotion , dreams.
Still I sit now and wonder:
For Whom shall I wear

It now? It calls me
Stuffed like a peasant frock in
Closet's maw. Lovers?
 
cloths without paint stains
are not often worn when I
am living my dream
 
Love your Haiku Mr. Osler
 
Listen,Osler--Geoffrey might suck.Trouble in paradise.

After whoopee one
Morn I asked to borrow Geoff's
Fave shirt, "Pussy Pink"

Lipstick on collar.
I wear Diva Red.WTF?!!
3 Strikes ... Out,Osler!!!
 
Sally forgive me...
You are the only one I love
Impromptu hug from

Teenage cousin. Pink
Lips grazed my collar wedding
Dance.PLEASE BELIEVE ME!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#