Wednesday, March 19, 2014

 

Chose my brackets!

I do love this time of year-- the NCAA basketball tournament is my favorite sporting event of the year.  Once, purely by chance, I won the bracket pool at the US Attorney's office, but that was purely undeserved.  I have a weakness for good academic schools regardless of basketball talent.  Sure, it often works with Duke or UNC or Stanford.  Not so much with Harvard or UVA.

What's your secret, if you have one?  What's your final four?  Here is mine:

Kansas
UVA
Wisconsin
Michigan

(yeah, I'm ok with #2 seeds….)

Comments:
UCLA (4)
Arizona (1)
Wichita St (1)
Villanova (2)
 
ps..
haven't watched one college basketball game this year.
 
Oh no, please, no more UCLA!
 
what? hasn't it been a lot of years?

 
I think the committee puts people into regions and early round contests without any regard to travel time and expense. But given the list, I am prepping a bracket that minimizes the travel, by picking out the team at each level that would travel the shortest to the next level arena. It makes about as much sense as the committee assignments do.
 
Kansas without Embiid is dead in the water (after the first round or two, that is), and more and more reports are casting doubt on his ability to play at all in the tourney.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#