Monday, December 02, 2013

 

Turkey review (and haiku)!


One word:  Brining!  It made this year's turkey the best ever.  Really.

And did you see the ending of the Auburn-Alabama game?  I didn't (I was out getting food for dinner), but my parents reported it was pretty amazing.

And that haiku!  Check it all out here.  Sally's was too profane to reprint (she gets like that), but it was awesome.  As was this Italian reverie from Antonia Promessa:

Every moment is
Thanksgiving in Italy.
Pasta,Wine,Song.

I sit on the pink
piazza and drink vino
The sun is glow-warm

All Things move turtle.
We are kissing when our tall
Waiter comes with the bread.

He does not avoid
Our eyes but tries to drink from
Love's common bottle.

Man, I never did find the good stuff in Italy!

Comments:
Very nice haiku choice. I never make turkey anymore. Got too much of it as a child. Now I just don't care for it. Hope you had a great holiday. I know coming in for work this morning was just peachy.
 
Did your brine include sardines?
PTC
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#