Friday, December 20, 2013

 

Haiku Friday: The best gift ever


It's the week before Christmas now-- so get ready!

There was a little Yuletide cheer spread yesterday, as President Obama granted 13 pardons and 8 commutations of sentence under the Pardon Power.  That's the most commutations in one day since the 70's, and I'm hoping it is the start of a broader movement.  I've be talking about that today on NPR's The Takeaway, at about 9:30 Eastern time/8:30 Central.

Let's haiku about gifts today, those given and received.  Which do you remember most?

Here is mine:

Some things, they just last.
We still have that sled; use it.
Two runners, strong wood.

Now it is your turn... use the 5/7/5 syllable formula, and have some fun!


Comments:
Guarana soda: Brazil -
My teen's favorite soft drink,
but hard to find here!

A gift in the fridge??
He has no idea, and
his surprise: Priceless!
 
Polaroid Swinger.
My first camera showed me
how to frame my life.


 
Just a radio,
Analogue clock and AM,
Woke me everyday.
 
The book I longed for
Unwrapped it, spied the cover
Hugged it to my chest.
 
An old-fashioned broom
Ready to be shaped into
A broomball weapon

This gift from my dad
Said, "You are now invited
to play with the men"



 
X-mas in Cashiers
Walking up a mountain road
The view, he proposed...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#