Wednesday, November 06, 2013

 

The Low "O"

The nice people at the Harvard Law ACS chapter posted a good photo from my talk there last week:


What's interesting is to compare this with the picture from the Crimson of my talk at Harvard almost exactly four years ago, in 2009:


1)  Really?  I wore exactly the same clothes again?  I didn't do that on purpose... it's a little odd that four years later, I still have all the same stuff in heavy rotation.

2)  It appears that in 2009 I favored to the "high O" hand gesture, and have switched to more of a "low O" recently.  Maybe it is to hide the stains on my old clothes.

3)  It looks like I have a thing for standing in front of the podium instead of behind it.  Hmmm.  I don't think that's what you are supposed to do ....

Enough for now... I have to go shop for some new clothes.


 


Comments:
I believe a shopping trip is in order.
 
May not be the same clothes. I have several navy blazers, several nearly identical striped ties, and multiple identical white shirts. So, it is the same wardrobe I had as a prof, but all of the clothes are now a bit larger. Same as I had as a newby atty, but not all of the clothes are a bit smaller! It is a classic look that becomes you. Perhaps more non-striped ties would vary it better.
 
But NOW all of the clothes are a bit smaller!
 
You should be relieved that four years later the same clothes still fit. But I suspect you may find some new ties under the Christmas Tree this year.

 
Too bad you don’t live anywhere near NYC, they have some pretty fancy rags at thrift shops around here. By the choice of brand new stuff to be found you’d be surprised what fickle dressers Wall-Street-Money types are.
 
Why do you think I gave you that Idaho Potato Commission tie?
 
I don't believe you ever stood behind a podium...but I do favor the high "O" over the low "O."

I guess I'm old school like that.
 
Mark, what about the rumors that the high and low “O” hand gestures are a means of communicating with alien haberdashers about your choice of ties?
 
OK! I did my clothes shopping. I bought a new Baylor t-shirt online. That should do it, right?


 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#