Wednesday, November 27, 2013

 

Some great work by Ron Fournier...


The picture above, taken in 1980, shows me (on the left) and Ron Fournier (on the right), flanking Jerry Stitzel, who seems to be explaining something we already know.  Ron is wearing the "Iowa City Chamber of Commerce" hat he got on our trip to a high school writing workshop at the University of Iowa.

Yesterday, Ron wrote a great piece for the National Journal about my client, Weldon Angelos, and the general state of the pardon power.  I was especially heartened by this line:  "Administration sources tell me that the White House is considering such reforms, and that Obama is sympathetic to the reformers' pitch."  Though Doug Berman is skeptical (and he is the one that suggested I pursue clemency as my next policy project back in 2009), I remain hopeful that in the three years this President has left in office, he will move from sympathy to action.

Meanwhile in related news, my work with another clemency collaborator, P.S. Ruckman of the Pardon Power blog, appeared in the Waco Tribune-Herald yesterday.




Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#