Saturday, November 16, 2013

 

In the woods


Minnesotans love the outdoors.  In the summer there is biking and canoeing and fishing; people are out on the lakes.  In the winter, there is skiing and skating and snowshoeing.  

In the fall, it is all mixed up.  I will be biking this morning; the weather is perfect for that.  Others, though, will be deer hunting in the woods.  We talked about that in sentencing class this week (it came up in the course of a simulated sentencing hearing).  

Of all these things, that sport is so much about timing-- about knowing just the right moment for action.  It is such a skill, and a rare one, to have that ability to pick the exact... right... moment.  I don't usually have that gift, and I know it.  

 


Comments:
and sometimes that moment picks us, that is part of the beauty in the world.
 
I always think of the right thing to say later. I can't think on my feet (which is why I'd be a horrible attorney or teacher). I need to go over it many, many times, editing and tweaking and reworking. Guess that's why I have my job and you have yours.
 
I miss ice-skating in an outdoor setting; I miss snow falling on my head; I miss the bitter cold of January. I miss drinking hot cocoa on a dark, cold December afternoon; to be honest, I miss it all. It will be in the mid 80's tomorrow in Waco. *sign*
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#