Sunday, October 20, 2013

 

Sunday Reflection: This United States of America

In the past few weeks, I have literally been from one end of the country to the other-- from Georgia and  Virginia to Alaska and California.  It has reminded me of the breadth and stunning beauty of this country, and the variety of cultures and communities within.  I went to places I know and love (Williamsburg and Stanford) and to new places (Anchorage and UCLA), and everywhere found caring, engaged people who want to make things better.

The recent spat in Congress notwithstanding, my experience has been that people on the right and left have in common a deep love for this country and a desire to see it improve and thrive.  They often love the same things, too.

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, and I suspect it will be especially warm and deep this year.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#