Sunday, October 13, 2013

 

Leaving Alaska

Now I am gone from Alaska, and different for the experience.  It is a strange and wonderful place.

It was really a whirlwind:  In three days, I gave a public lecture with Q & A, a workshop on social justice advocacy, a related session on negotiation, two sermons (which turned out to be different than one another), and an adult education session between those two services.  Whew! 

I did love Alaska, though.  I loved the churches I got to work with in Anchorage (St. Elizabeth Ann Seton and St. Mary's), I loved the hospitality I was shown,  I loved the great and thoughtful questions I got, and I loved seeing mountains every morning when I woke up and opened the drapes.



Comments:
My family and I took a two week vacation to Alaska a few years ago. We flew to Anchorage, rented a car, and drove the round trip loop from Anchorage to Fairbanks. Even managed to take a tour from Fairbanks up to the Artic Circle.

Alaska is a very beautiful state. Love the snow capped mountains. The scenery is different from any that I have seen in the lower 48 states.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#