Tuesday, September 10, 2013

 

My Waco Hero

Well, actually, I have quite a few heroes in Waco-- the place is full of them (especially when Bob and Mary Darden are in town).  I have a new one, though-- Kent McKeever.

If you want to know why, check out a short piece I had in yesterday's Waco Tribune-Herald.

I don't know if I mentioned this before, but I'm now a member of the Waco Trib's Board of Contributors, a group that includes some of my favorite people.

Baylor, meanwhile, is still in the thrall of another story:  An ongoing battle between the administration of the school and the Baylor Alumni Association.  I am an outsider to the whole thing (I'm not a Baylor alum, and don't live in Waco anymore), but there has been a lot of drama.  The administration came into conflict with the alumni group when I was still there.  The point of contention (at that time, anyways) seemed to be the independent editorial voice of the BAA's magazine, the Baylor Line.  Recently, Baylor cut the BAA out of many events, bulldozed their offices to build a walkway to the new football stadium, and offered a compromise of sorts that was rejected in a vote by the BAA membership last Saturday (the election required 2/3 voter approval, which it did not get).  I suspect that the next part of that saga will involve litigation...

Comments:
As you can imagine, everyone in my office is watching this closely.


 
Kent McKeever Rocks!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#