Sunday, July 21, 2013

 

Sunday Reflection: Looking for Light




The last few weeks, I find myself struggling a little to see the light of God in my world.  When that happens, my thoughts are darker, my mood more subdued.  For example, yesterday afternoon, I found myself pondering what crimes the residents of the 100-Acre-Wood might have committed.  (That's what happens when criminal law professors feel down).   Here is what I came up with:

Piglet:  Pickpocket.
Owl:  Insider Trading.
Eyeore:  Assisted Suicide purveyor.
Rabbit:  Racketeering.
Kanga:  Child Abduction.
Pooh:  Food Stamp Fraud.
Tigger:  Meth.

See?  That's not good.  I'm seeing the worst in everything at the moment.

I suspect that what I really need is a period of time in a comfortable, familiar place to write.  I lose sight of hope and faith when there is too much disruption going on, but part of that is a lack of focus. I too easily let bumps knock me off balance, and jump at unfamiliar sounds.  

For the moment, though, thanks for your patience, and I hope that I did not make anyone think poorly of Kanga....




Comments:
I just retreat to my inner Greek and seek out loaves of fresh crusty bread and kasseri cheese when the world overwhelms me. I think I should try writing-it's less calories. Hang in there friend.
 
Oooh! Forget writing, I am trying your method.
 
It is not often that I laugh out loud at something that starts out darkly.
 
I liked this dark humor.I'm an Eeyore/Tigger,so beware The Ides of May! However tenuously,you are holding on to joy turned upside down,which is perhaps good enough for the present moment in time. Kind of "partial" to you,Professor! Eat more Belgian chocolate and truffle pate with Scottish oat cakes and a whole bunch of mangoes with your bare hands. Thinking of you. Whispering towards Heaven.
 
Kanga would be in trouble under the Stand Your Ground law if anyone tried to mess with Roo.
 
IPLG-- Actually, wouldn't Stand Your Ground work in favor of Kanga if she shot someone who was trying to mess with Roo?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#