Saturday, June 22, 2013

 

The Miami Heat....

I know it was different in San Antonio, but I was really not caring much about the NBA finals this year.  There is something about the Miami Heat that makes me... not care.

And then there is this weird thing that happens... once I stop caring at all what happens in one pro sport or another, the entire enterprise starts to seem stupid-- I begin wondering why anyone would care much about such an obviously artificial construct.

That is, until the Red Wings are in the Cup finals.  Then it all makes sense again.

Comments:
I certainly get it. I was almost completely estranged from the sports world until the advent of Robert Griffin. His ministry reawakened and renewed my interest in Baylor football and, somehow by extension, lots of other sports.
 
My husband is from San Antonio, and there is an ethos to the Spurs that explains the heart of that city.
 
Amen.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#