Tuesday, June 11, 2013

 

The circle

About six and a half years ago, I wrote this post about a great class in which I got some help from a few remarkable members of the Baylor theater department.

Last night I had dinner with one of them (John-Michael Marrs), and two others (the Wards) live only blocks from me in Minnesota now.

So many times, it turns out that good-bye does not really mean good-bye, and that is in large part how leaving Texas has been.  There are still these strong links to so many people there, and something about that makes me very happy.

Comments:
You can never really leave Texas. You can remove your body, but precious little good that does.



http://www.last.fm/music/Lyle+Lovett/_/That's+Right+(You're+Not+From+Texas)
 
I love that song.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#