Friday, May 03, 2013

 

Haiku Friday: Small Fuzzy Animals


It's supposed to be spring, right?  With bunnies hopping around, etc?  Well, not in Minnesota, where it actually snowed on Wednesday, which was in MAY.  I'm a little bitter.

Let's haiku about small fuzzy animals, shall we?  That might put me in a better mood.  Construe the topic however you choose!

Here is mine:

Oh, Kansas Jayhawk,
I don't understand what you
do or say:  "Rock, Chalk?"

Now it is your turn.   Just make it something that will put me in a better mood, and roughly conforms to haiku protocol (5 syllables/7/5).

Comments:
Snow in the meadow
Recedes and leaves two rabbits
the brown bucks green-feast.

Today there were three
And the dog grew hoarse sounding
Sentinel.Spring...Spring!

Even the cold can not
Defeat crocus,purple heads
Rise, sing allelu.

Let's go to the porch
And watch the earth wake.Bring wine
My bonny boy! Quick!

 
Sal wore a brown fuzz
Wig once,a rodent coifure!
Came Off love-making.

I never again
Tried to hold her head when I
Kissed her. Shocked me bad.

Damn near fell off bed!
She said it was my fault and
Not to touch her bun.

Don't worry I said.
Not especially fond of
Rats.She slammed door.Left.

 
Minnesota goph-
Ers! Snow covered today.
Oh spring where are you?
 
birds brooding their young
fed small fuzzy animals
cycle of nature

(I've spent the last week watching the Red Tail Hawk hatchlings at Cornell - go to All About Birds to see the live stream camera of the nest)
 
Listen,Osler--

Oh for pitty patty
Sakes! I go Audrey Hepburn
And Geoff's equipment fails.

You talk about small
Fuzzy animals! Geoff wrote
The book on inept.
 
I just nearly spit my coffee at the computer reading the continuing saga of Geoffrey and Sally
 
Not a haiku, but a song. Sing it to the tune of "Lady Madonna" by The Beatles.

Baby koala
Runnin' 'round my house
Would you like to come and sit down on my couch?
 
Snow, snow, snow, snow, snow.
Snowy snow with some more snow.
Snow, snow, awesome snow.
 
Once on holiday
In England I saw hedgehog
Snuffling in garden.

Daffodils bloomed
Green shoots gloried up from ground
All creatures a-dance.

I raised goblet to
Toast the Creator,ties
That bind living things.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#