Monday, May 20, 2013

 

Haiku everywhere!

It turns out that 2006 was eventful for many people... Renee suffered loss, while Robert Johnson and IPLawGuy had joy.  And Geoffrey the Mustang Boy, it seems, made a big mistake (that girl is bitter, Geoff!)

But... Crikeys!  My 2006 was not nearly as interesting as Antonia Promessa's:


Violins began
Hovering melody above him then me
Heat rose...frescoed room.

Your icy digits on
Neck's back, I was so grateful.
Crystal goblet wine.

Sangiovese
Red your lips flavored by sauce,
Kissed them tasting earth.

Let's go barefoot home.
Walking in the fountain and
Lie in the porch breezes

I will tell you that
We have nothing to do but
Enjoy each other.

Still, I have a real soft spot for this haiku by our longtime friend, the Spanish Medievalist:

Hacer un haiku
En la lengua del Cid es
Inolvidable.



The guy knows poetry...


Comments:
Why thank you for the mention. I just love Haiku Fridays and all the great creative poetry written by the readers. It makes Friday a little more interesting every week. A great tradition I hope we can keep alive for a long time to come.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#