Monday, April 08, 2013

 

Thanks, Razorites!

First for the great haiku on Friday.  We learned, after all, where Sally and her former Mustang Boy met (hippy co-op in Madison), and got this great poem from Antonia Promessa, which made me look forward to Rome:


I stood in Trevi
One moonlit night a boy
Touched my lips with dreams.

The Sistine Chapel
A holy muralled helmet
Over our heads,we prayed

That only beauty
Would grace our eyes. It was a
Request God refused.

And so we stood where
Lions ate men;men killed men.Amid
Cheers.Different now,Friend?

Orange burning day
Waiter brought limoncello
Mad violin echo.

Now Francis abides.
Can one be humble in such
A grand house? God smiles.
Second, and more importantly, thank you for the many great words of advice yesterday.  It helped-- it really did. I can't tell you how much I appreciate the wisdom of those I know through this silly blog....


Comments:
Dear Professor--this isn't a silly blog...it is just one more family who loves snd delights in you here on earth. We are enlightened and emboldened by your words and example. We have learned or are trying to learn how to discuss issues respecting the dignity of The Other.We experience the nature of faith. It is an hors de oeuvre to the day. Thank you!
 
One more thing: you have singlehandedly gotten us to write reams of poetry,without a whole lot of unbearable pain. Very sneaky! I thought I was an actress and a singer...come to find out I'm a poet. Who knew? Thank you thank you thank you for the discipline and challenge which causes me now to write with annoying prolificity. Every Friday,I write and write. Most people are going to festive galas or at least to bars...I am writing haikus staring into the face of a growling, always famished dog. Love ya,Kiddo!
 
You ARE a poet!
 
This is not a silly blog.
 
It is not a silly blog and let us not forget all the interesting wonderful people form your life who meet here all the time. And many of us have never met each other or only know one or two people who assemble here.

Unlike Renee - I am still not a poet, but I can pull a 'worthy' Haiku out of my brain every now and then.

 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#