Monday, April 22, 2013

 

Haiku on Tragedy

Wow... did you see the haiku last Friday?  They gave me some solace in a turbulent time.  Here are just three of the many great ones:


Blogger Sara Sommervold said...
No signs of life just
Shoes abandoned in the dust.
So grey and quiet.
Blogger David Best said...
Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani?
For those who have been there, He
was also there, alone.

And while being God
He did not consider him-
self God. Instead he

Chose death. Joining us
at the time we need him most.
Not just sympathy.

An understanding.
A God present now, right now.
No words. Just love.

Blogger Renee said...
Come up sun yellow,
Pure,tell me Martin did not
Die.Jane's leg was not

Torn off by cruel hands.
Come up and say,they are all
Right as rain.Logic

Lives.That carriers
For books,carry just learning
And not death. Go ahead,

Tell me.You can't,can
You? So I breathe in filthy air
Something from me was

Amputated.Fear
Rams it's rude horn into each
White still moment.God!

Just hold my hand.That
Is all. There is no logic now.
We are all we have.

Comments:
In the aftermath of tragedy, people ask, "Where was God?"

David, you answered that question so eloquently. Simple, stunning and true.
 
Is this a good haiku?? I just want to know cause this is my first time. Thank you!

I hear tragedy!!!
The smile on my face vanished
Where are you mother??

This sadness I feel
It will never leave me still
Why have you left me??

It has been so long
The sweet embrace you give me,
I still remember

The wind approaches
Touching the side of my face
Mom, I miss you so

I know you’re up there
Please watch over me down here
Goodbye, I love you
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#