Friday, April 19, 2013

 

Haiku Friday: Tragedy


What a sad week... beginning with the bombing in Boston, and then on to the explosion in West, Texas, close to my old home in Waco.

I gave up trying to explain or make sense of such events a long time ago.  I reflect on them, am saddened or angered by them, but there is something too large and dark in there for me to fully understand, much less explain.

So, let's haiku about tragedy this week.  It can be a reflection on the events in recent days, or others, national or personal.  Not every day has to be happy.

Here is mine:

Those who rush to help
These remarkable moments-
Instinct plus heart.

Now it is your turn... make it roughly five syllables/seven syllables/five syllables, and thanks for helping.

Comments:
A child with problems
Tragedies don't always burn
Sometimes they simmer.
 
Redemptive factor:
Being Christ to each other
Sharing the sorrow.
 
No lone islands us
we mourn tragedy in West
diminished by loss
 
No signs of life just
Shoes abandoned in the dust.
So grey and quiet.
 
Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani?
For those who have been there, He
was also there, alone.

And while being God
He did not consider him-
self God. Instead he

Chose death. Joining us
at the time we need him most.
Not just sympathy.

An understanding.
A God present now, right now.
No words. Just love.

 
I sit still, breathless
From afar as pain unfurls,
Billows close to home

Sorrow invades peace
For others' stillness shattered,
Breath carried away.

Yet the space is filled
By love unfurled, grace that
Billows on, out, up.
 
Come up sun yellow,
Pure,tell me Martin did not
Die.Jane's leg was not

Torn off by cruel hands.
Come up and say,they are all
Right as rain.Logic

Lives.That carriers
For books,carry just learning
And not death. Go ahead,

Tell me.You can't,can
You? So I breathe in filthy air
Something from me was

Amputated.Fear
Rams it's rude horn into each
White still moment.God!

Just hold my hand.That
Is all. There is no logic now.
We are all we have.
 
Is it paradox
or irony that we find
good in tragedy?

-Robert Johnson
 
Tragedy for me
Can't wrap my hands around it...
Always so far off


Just wanted to say I have read some amazing and beautiful haiku here today. Such a pleasure to visit here today.

 
Bitter tears burn eyes,
Heart-broken,damage,death,sad,
Blackness steals the soul.
 
Sitting in his chair
in his quiet room wearing
his favorite sweatshirt
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#