Tuesday, April 16, 2013

 

A wonderful lunch... and then...


Yesterday at St. Thomas's mission awards lunch, I was very happy to get this award from our new dean, Rob Vischer.  In large part, I was happy because it was coming from Rob, someone who has stepped into a challenging job at exactly the time that we needed him.  It was also wonderful that it was about teaching, since that is the most important part of my job, and what everything else revolves around.

Susan Stabile was given the award for scholarly engagement and societal reform, and I think they should re-name the award for her, given how well her talents and accomplishments fit that definition.

In other good news, my sometimes-collaborator Rachel Barkow at NYU was nominated by President Obama to the United States Sentencing Commission-- a great pick!  Rachel is exactly the right kind of person for this spot:  Smart, well-informed, objective, and engaged in the subject matter.

Still, none of this good news changes the terrible news from Boston...

Comments:
You better hold on to that thing tight, Osler. I am on the prowl for a new sharpening stone for my hair-cutting scissors...

 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#