Monday, January 21, 2013

 

That was some very good bad poetry!

Last week's bad high school poetry contest was a great success!

I have to give a shout-out to Megan Willome, who did a great job dissecting the oeuvre over on her own blog. It was hard, too, not to love the interplay between Geoffrey the Mustang Boy and his apparent ex.

My favorites of the whole lot was these; first, from Christine:


Does he love me, love me not???
I will never know...
Contorted heart, beats erratically
thump, thumpity, thumpity, ouch....

Who am I kidding...
Does he even know I exist?
Doubtful, just in my dreams
I pull off more petals


And then this genuine poem of high school, from Rebecca Wright:

Skinnylovelyboy
Shatterer of my heart
You fart.


As Renee noted, though, that one was at some level to good to be bad...

Comments:
not sure this is a good thing or a bad thing - but thanks!
 
I'm so misunderstood!
 
the red wings got their first point of the season tonight.
whew... talk about a monkey off the back.

 
Hey! Be nice 'bout my Wings.
 
my wings, too, osler.
the 6-0 opening-night defeat was a blow to my confidence.
no more lidstrom. no more holmstrom.
i'm concerned. the mule better step up his game... and stay healthy.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#