Friday, December 21, 2012

 

Haiku Friday: What you really want for Christmas



It's the Friday before Christmas, and this is the time where we take stock-- have we gotten the presents for others we intended to? And perhaps we wonder what might be in store for ourselves, too.

But that's all secret. Except on the Razor. So let's haiku about what you really want for Christmas this year.

Here is mine:

Here is what I want:
A burst of creativity
In our Capitol.

Now it is your turn! Just make it 5 syllables/7 syllables/5 syllables, and the winner gets a bio here on Monday.

Comments:
Who wants a Pacer?
IPLawGuy does, I'm sure
Wayne's World of DC.
 
I want a baby
And maybe a better world
To bring it up in.
 
Deep understanding
Of other folks' perspectives
All around the world.
 
Stockings full of fun
With delightful surprises
For kids young and old.
 
The ability
Is what I want for Christmas
To win at haiku
 
Me? I want nothing,
Tolerance, understanding,
for the whole wide world.
 
The kids want to know
if Santa visits Kuwait,
so Dad can have treats.

I said maybe so,
but he doesn't want that much -
just to come back safe.
 
We had a Pacer
Road trip-Myrtle Beach
in Seventy-Nine

5 Speed Manual
A roomy Aquarium
Mostly Mom's car though

 
Minds freed from vises.
That hold them,swollen,bursting
Soothed to peace.One kiss.


Guns beat to plowshares.
To cultivate calm meadows
Children walk barefoot.


That's what I want,but if there's any extra,might I please have:

Brave man unafraid
Of hats,an untidy mind
To woo poetess.
 
I'd like to have grace
Visions - dancing in my head
Dash away come morning

-Becky
 
Glad to be with Steph
This year and not in the 'Stan
That's all I wanted
 
More cold mornings, more
warm afternoons. Lots more tea.
Four friends at Christmas.
 
A ring of power
Roncoe Pocket Fisherman
Peace, Love, Chocolate Cake
 
These are just awesome.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#