Sunday, November 25, 2012

 

Sunday Reflection: First snow

[click on the photo to enlarge it]


On Thanksgiving night, my house was full of people and the smell of food. Outside, the first real snow of the year was coming down, covering everything.

The first snow always makes me happy, content, and reflective. It changes everything-- the season, the mood, even the sounds you hear outdoors. The world goes from color to grayscale, to this beautiful gradation from pure white to deep shadow. The picture above is, in fact, a color photo; it is the world that has gone to black-and-white.

Advent is coming; that season of quiet awaiting that I truly love.

So, after most of the people at my house were off to bed, I went and stood outside, wrapped in a warm coat, soaking up the quiet. There was such beauty in that spare moment. It was still, and small, and the closest I get to touching the living God who is all around us.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#