Saturday, November 24, 2012

 

Senior Photo


It's been a big week: Everything I sent out got accepted, so I had near-simultaneous appearances in the Dallas Morning News, the Waco Tribune Herald, the Washington Times, the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, and over at CNN. Plus, I successfully rescheduled a class, for perhaps the first time ever.

Then my parents showed up, and brought this photo. Crikeys!

So, apparently, this was my look in 1981. So many questions!

-- Why was I wearing sunglasses for my senior photo?

-- Is that a mustache? And if so, why?

-- Why am I wearing a suit?

-- What look was I shooting for here? Trainee pilot at Pan-Am?

Comments:
You were wearing the glasses because they reeked of the essence of cool. You could never be an airline pilot,my friend. #1. You would be willing to buy coffee for the poverty-stricken flight attendants. #2.You read fiction and read and write poetry. #3.You are willing to listen to all points of view,and don't believe in shooting first and asking questions later. A liberal thought has more than occasionally crossed your mind. #4. You are able to make a mistake at work,I think? I particularly liked your curls in the picture,since I now deal on a regular basis with frizz. Where's that kid with my pizza!

 
As a 1978 HS Grad, this photo says the following to me:

"Drug Dealer."

The sunglasses cover the perpetually pink eyes.
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
I suspect that the words "unretouched proof" carry a double meaning.
 
IPLaw - always wondered what was going on in that house up the street from me.

Who's behind those Foster Grants?
 
Back in the day, I had glasses called Photgray's that turned dark in the sunlight, but in photos they always looked like sunglasses. I'll bet that's what you have on. What is very frightening is that our seƱor pictures look almost identical. Scary?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#