Thursday, October 04, 2012

 

Political Mayhem Thursday: The Debate!

So... what didya think of last night's presidential debate? Most think the edge goes to Romney.

For much of the debate, I found myself wondering what was going on with the President-- he seemed distracted and tired. He's usually good at these, but he was not last night. It might be that he simply did not focus on it, or prepare well enough, or that there is some international event going on he has had to deal with-- but probably the former.

Or, if you don't want to talk about that (which seems to be the case), what do you make of this letter in today's Minneapolis Star-Tribune? I'm not Catholic, but have heard some Catholics express this viewpoint while others vehemently disagree:

I find it utterly amazing that so many so called Catholics are so utterly hostile to Archbishop John Nienstedt's request asking for funds to support the marriage amendment. If you are Catholic, chances are that what the church believes and teaches about marriage should come as no surprise to you. But the ridiculous anger and blatant disregard for authority are embarrassing to those of us who actually stand with the church. If you don't want to have to obey the bishops of the church, leave. It's that simple. Better fewer and more faithful Catholics than pews full of Judas Iscariots who could care less, or worse, who are actually enemies of the faith.

ERIC MUELLERLEILE, HUTCHINSON, MINN








Comments:
I agree with the wide consensus. Romney had a great night. The campaign enters into a completely different phase now.
 
yawn....
 
When I receive the Arch Bishop's request to help pay for their campaign in support of the 'Marriage Amendment' - I will, like many others, send him a copy of my cancelled check supporting those in opposition...

When the Arch Bishop and those in positions of leadership return to working as fervently on issues that benefit children in ALL family formations, I will return more of my charitable giving to my parish and diocese.

Catholicism is struggling to 'calm the waters' swirling around its seemingly abandonment of the message found in the Two Great Commandments as it attepts to rein in the hearts of many in the flock.

It starts at the top - And I have said many times, if the Pope was 'a man' he would step down from the Papacy and devote the remainder of his ministry to pastoral efforts focused on children. He, and others, complicit in the Church's pedophile cover up need worry about their own souls before passing judgement on others.

My Arch Bishop might consider looking in the same mirror each morning before further judgement is considered on many a topic.

Are all in his flock not children of God? Reverend Willard has said it well - More have been invited to the Lord's Table... than we may imagine.

Lord, please open their hearts...
 
Good luck with that, ERIC MUELLERLEILE, HUTCHINSON, MINN. Maybe your wish will come true.
 
I have never understood why a bunch of celibate old men in dresses should have any influence on what I do with my body or my life. The hiearchy is so concerned with nitpicking while they ignore the child abuse that has been so horribly covered up for years.

As my father said 'I could deal with the christian churches much easier if they would just do what the Dude said".

Lee
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#