Monday, October 08, 2012

 

Haiku Winners: NAW and PTC!

Our short form winner is PTC (who I can only assume is Pickles the Cat), for this so-true gem:

Obama? Romney?
Where will I find the answer?
I'll just check Facebook!


In the long-form category, the winner is St. Stephens' own Neil Alan Willard, with this entry:


“A country lawyer”
was Sam Ervin, senator
during my childhood.

A long time ago
I shared a cubicle with
Jesse Helms’ son. True.

Bush and Dukakis:
“The Grapple in the Chapel”
Wake Forest debate.

At my little red
church, Carroll Campbell, Senior,
would talk of Junior.

The daughter called me:
“Mom wants a priest to visit.”
John Lindsay had died.

Walking the dog on
“DOG” Street, we saw “Liddy” Dole
leaving the old church.

Williamsburg’s former
mayor died. I preached, mentioned
his pet flying squirrel.

Tim Kaine: “I will al-
ways consider it the high-
light of the weekend.”

At Bruton Parish
Senator John Warner met
me in the churchyard.

My wife’s first night out
after the baby was born —
she met Al Franken.

Politicians and
babies: Edina’s mayor
met ours at breakfast.


And here is a video to tell their story:





Comments:
Ok, Let's go to Homecoming, for God's sake! sheesh
 
I'm glad he didn't have get all martyred for the sake of his cause.
 
Can you translate for IPLawguy? Wise choice,Professor.
 
Never Mind!
 
Wow . . . I'm speechless. Truly.
 
One of your best yet...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#