Wednesday, September 12, 2012

 

Pontiac: Scary!

Robert Johnson sent me this video, which is worth it just for the depiction of Pontiac:



Robert, of course, is the publisher of the Wacoan Magazine. I don't know if it ran, but last April they asked me to do a little restaurant recommendation-- my favorite dish in Waco-- and I sent them this:

There are times, late in the afternoon in Minnesota, that I long for a meal nearly mythic in proportions: La Fiesta’s Ultimate Date Fajitas. Served on something like Thor’s shield, it features every imaginable kind of meat, and is accompanied by a supporting flotilla of lesser dishes which fill the table like an aircraft career group going to sea. When you are done with it, the very last bit of battle-scarred onion consumed, there is nothing to do but sit back with lank arms to your side, mouth agape, pleased and horrified all at once at what you have done. Now that’s real food.



Comments:
Bravo,Professor! Now that is a guy who loves food. Good writing. I could almost taste those fajitas. "Thor's Shield,indeed!"
 
An unfair 'tease' as we move into fall and the alure of 'comfort food' - And I was just getting comfortable in my skinny jeans...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#