Tuesday, July 17, 2012

 

Stop, Speed Racer, Stop!


I'm kinda fascinated by this recent news out of Waco. Apparently, a local man (from the nearby town of Valley Mills) managed to lead local police on THREE high speed chases in just a few days. The third chase finally ended with him getting caught.

Here's the part that amazes me: The guy was evading the police in a PT Cruiser. For those who have never driven one, rest assured that it is one of the slowest, least responsive cars ever made. In fact, I recall a Chrysler executive explaining its lack of pick-up by saying "Well, yeah, but that's why we call it a 'cruiser.'"

[ps-- I just realized that my preceding sentence is among millions that contain both the name "Chrysler" and the word "recall."]

Comments:
Such an embarrassment. I have lots more to say but I won't.
Even squirrels go faster than those cars.
MMM
 
Well, I think it’s safe to say the word “recall” can be extended to the Waco Police Department.
 
This reminds me of a client who also tried--and failed--to elude the police. He stole a car and led police on a chase that ended with him heading into a parking garage, where he just kept driving in circles. The police parked at the mouth of the garage and sat patiently as he kept circling, circling, waiting for him to run out of gas....
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#