Saturday, July 28, 2012

 

And the Olympics have begun!


Comments:
The only thing that would have made this perfect: the two Corgis throw grappling hooks over the copter, scale ropes, put on tiny parachutes and jump along with the Queen.....
 
The IOC is monitoring Osler's Razor? Who knew?!?
 
Having always been a fan of opening ceremonies (the march of the athletes not so much), this was my favorite. I know everybody ooo'ed and ahhh'ed over China's, but the Brits told a story AND had great music.
Bob
P.S. OsoGrande: If the feds are monitoring the Razor, which not the IOC?
 
I did not see the lighting of the torch - I fell asleep. But I really enjoyed the opening ceremony. We should not compare as every host has a unique culture and story to tell. It is very important to make the presentation unique.

As for the parade of athletes.. I enjoy this because there is pure joy on the faces of the athletes and their country officials. I see the spirit they have arrived with to compete.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#