Monday, May 07, 2012

 

Haiku winner:

I've picked two of my favorite stanzas from last week, which cobble together some different personalities:

First, from Renee:

How you loved that wind!
Loved the barren plains,the work
Loved your man so fierce.


Next, from Anonymous:

Where is she? I asked.
"In heaven," said Anna Rose.
I looked in saint's book.


So, who is this Anonymous Renee?

We all have our reasons for seeking a certain amount of anonymity, and this was true, also, of Renee. Perhaps it was the constabulary back in Seattle, who keep their grudges close, or that guy in seat 26E who had too much to drink before he even got on the plane, or that outlandish Ukrainian spy who certainly had her confused with someone else...

At any rate, hats provide great disguises. But not great enough. That's when she brought out the big guns-- Goldy the Gopher. Case closed.

Comments:
You have encouraged a bevy of beautiful poets. I thought I hadn't a prayer,because all the haikus this week were exquisite. I loved Anonymous' haiku with "Anna Rose" too,and thought it would win.You guys are too much...gets better and better. Once again,thank you Professor for this opportunity to write.
 
P.S. You are quite right about the constabulary in Seattle,and possibly also the F.B.I. who kept tabs on Seattle radicals in The Sixties.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#