Monday, May 14, 2012

 

Haiku winner: Ang!


It was a tough call, with several great entries, but my favorite comfort-food haiku was this one, from Ang:

Whoever helped could
lick the cake batter beaters:
Ooh! Ooh! Let me help!

It was just so... evocative. It made me really want some of that-- the sweetness with the metalic tang you get when you lick those beaters.

Ang, of course, is a long-time Razorite who lives in Central Texas. She lives there with her two children, Duncan Hines Ang and Betty Crocker Ang, who run a cupcake truck off of Valley Mills Drive near the Wacoan offices. If you want an excellent cupcake, I would really recommend it. They are real innovators in the cupcake arts, too... their creations have included all of the following:

Tuna Tort Cupcakes
Waco Water Cakes
Dave Bliss Chip
Baptist Sunrise
Betty's Bacon Cakes

Comments:
Shucks, thanks! Everything is better with bacon ... I'll have to see if "Duncan" and "Betty" can scrounge up a recipe for bacon cake. ;)
 
Good choice, Mark. Chocolate and bacon cupcakes -- inspired!
Bob
 
... and then she speaks of bacon.
you have chosen wisely, osler. this "ang" you crowned as this week's winner is truly enlightened.
 
Dave Bliss Chip? Yikes.
 
The stanza about peanut butter on the spoon was a good one too, but I would have dipped it in chocolate.

That looks like a delicious bowl of merguine in the photo - yum!
 
Is anyone TIRED of cupcakes? Everything is CUPCAKES CUPCAKES... Cupcake WARS on tv.. Cupcake STORES everywhere... Now there are CAKEBALLS or CAKE POPS which are like Cutesy cupcakes on a stick...

I am growing weary of Cutesey Baked goods. maybe I have been to one too many Kids birthday parties but I just don't care if My Cake on a stick is decorated like an alligaotr or a dog wearing a fireman hat etc... I dare you to ask me what my very favorite Donut is? Sprinkles? I think not. Chocolate topped with stuff inside? Perish the thought.

I like those big old uggo giant blobs of goo that look like the donut version of a meteor... They are usually some kind of cinnamon or fruit strudle-y thing but no one bothered to turn them into a cutesy baby armadillo or Kermit the Frog Someone just took about 4 lbs of dough, threw it around for a while, cooked it, then covered it in frosting and said HERE YA GO - I DARE YOU TO EAT THIS.

Now THAT is a donut. Enough already with all of the frosting adn sprinkles and animal shapes and all of this cutesy stuff. I had a single mom who could not cook AT ALL. All she ever did was cut out recipes from teh Sunday New York Times magazine for stuff she never ever made.
I lived on Stouffers. Frosting? Its from a CAN. yeah that's right, A CAN.

Just like Living here in Canby has made me NOT EVER want to know where my food comes from or that goats and rabbits are "good eatin," I serrriously do not want my baked good shaped like animals. So just make brownies from a box. What is the difference? Chances are the DOG is going to eat them all before we do anyway. Last year she ate an entire birthday cake, including the candles.

Sincerely Crabby In Canby hahaha
 
Roll Tyd Roll!
 
Roll Tyd roll !
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#